Sunday, October 9, 2011

Busy as a Bee

We have been super busy over here and haven't had time to post any updates. We started Mini-Mermaid Running Club last week and had a fantastic week with the girl's. They were not slowed down by rain and on our second practice session they kept asking if it was time to run yet? Okay by the end of .75 mile run and the .25 mile cool down walk I think they were DONE.

This photo pretty much sums it all up

Super large photo so you can see the expression on her face!
I'm feeling after having completed our first week and I hope the girl's are excited for week two where we will be focusing on the "heart" and of course more running!

Over the last couple of weeks it's been obvious that I need some new breakfast options. I've grown tired of the usual and to be honest there is barely time for me to even prepare and eat breakfast all why trying to get two girl's up dressed, fed and out the door by 7:45am. Many of my friends have been talking about making egg cupcakes ahead of time and heating them up during the week for a quick healthy breakfast. So today I finally had my opportunity to make some (that and the fact that Scott and I both bought eggs at the store this week). You can pretty much throw whatever you have on hand in the fridge to make these, but here is the basic recipe I used Breakfast Cupcakes. I used onion, spinach and jack cheese but you could do some great with things. Here is my final product.

Hopefully this saves me some time this week!

1 comment:

  1. Priceless expression :) I love that your girls are getting exposed to a healthy lifestyle at an early age. What a special treat for them!

    Those cupcakes look delish. I'll have to bake a batch soon.

    ReplyDelete